Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Monday, December 19, 2005

To approach or not to approach

Really wasn't feeling well when I got up this morning so I decided it was best to stay home and get better quick. I much rather go to work being at my best than forcing myself and not being in the best of moods. I figure clients prefer it that way too ;)

Unless something big comes up, I should be in tomorrow at 12:30.

Now, let's talk about a much talked about stripper behaviour: The approach

I've heard many complaints from clients that strippers are often "uninviting" and don't come around to their table for a chat much. I'll give you my opinion on the matter and let you know how I feel about the subjet.

If things are going good, I am most happy to walk around and actively put myself out there. I'll make eye contact and smile, if it's returned I'll offer to sit down for some company. I enjoy it and have met many of my regular clients this way. My goal isn't to sell dances outright but to meet the clients and get to know each other a little. I never expect any dances but do appreciate it when a customer requests them ;) I've even managed to get dances from clients that didn't have the intention to and had said so before I sat down. I figure, if you seem nice and I could use a few minutes off my feet, why not spend it chatting with you. The three times it happened that customers warned me they weren't buying dances before I sat down, they all ended up asking for some themselves a few minutes later!!! Go figure

Needless to say, this seems to be a win-win situation for both me and the clients. I've sat and chatted with a few that didn't buy dances from me and that's fine. It really doesn't upset me in any way as it apparently does to some other dancers.

Now there are times (a few of them) where "walking the floor" isn't my thing and you'll see me sitting by myself near the bar or DJ booth. There are many different reasons but at no time am I uninterested to spend time with a client, I'm just not putting myself out there as much as I possibly can.

It can be that I'm in a shyer mood than usual or just don't feel in the mood for rejection. I know it's part of the job but sometimes it's easier to sit out for a little while and let people come to me. A big factor can be other dancers and the client to dancer ratio. For example, if I get a good start in my day while most others haven't made much, I'll lay low for a bit. It can get pretty catty on slow days and many don't make much so they will start complaining and targeting those who do make good business. On these days, it's best to let them walk the floor and lay low. It ends up paying off for me anyways because they're in a sour mood and clients often come looking for me who's in a good mood afterwards!

My shift consist of both working the floor and sitting out, some days more floor and other more sitting out. When I sit out though, I try and make myself approachable by sitting alone away from the VLTs and watch the stage show. I smile at customers walking by and try my best not to look bored or uninterested.

I can't say that it's the same approach as most other dancers but it works well for me. As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Madison

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello madison

i Never have the chance to see you :( i very like your blog, i very like stripclub. And for me i never approch a dancers even if i find her very pretty. I think the dancers pick this man and not the one on the table for some reason.
And i think is better for both this way.


dont stop your blog ,i very like it

by the way sorry for my poor english:)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home