Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dancing again!

After an impromtu two month hiatus from dancing, I'm back at the club stripping again! It was nice to get away from the club for a while. I enjoyed some relaxing 'vacation' time and worked on a couple new projects.

I apologize for the long absence of blog entries... I love to write about my work experiences, share my thoughts and opinions on this work and the people I meet though it. But writing is very new to me and I've never writen anything before I started this blog. Writing never really appealed to me until recently and I didn't think I was good enough to write anything at all to tell you the truth. Starting this blog was a spur of the moment thing. I had toyed with keeping a diary of my venture in to stripping, I figured why not try blogging it.

Since starting this blog I've discovered a couple things: I enjoy writing much more than I expected, and I'm not as terrible at writing than I first thought. It's nice to see that my first attempts at this new interest of mine are going well and not a complete disaster! That said, writing is a new hobby of mine that still needs much work and is time consuming. I will try to post more often and consistently but please remember I write in this blog for my own pleasure first and foremost. I appreciate every reader that stops by, particularly those that visit regularly or take the time to comment and/or email ;) You make this so much more enjoyable and I thank you for that.

My first day back at Cleo's was this past Tuesday afternoon. I was happy to see a few regulars and get back into the dancing groove. I knew that since I hadn't danced in such a long time, I wasn't in prime dancing shape anymore ( it's amazing what a few weeks or even days of time off can do!). But I thought since I still had practiced at home now and then, it wouldn't be too bad.

I wasn't too far off the mark with my assumption, but was caught off guard by how much my stage set drained me. I managed the first two song set pretty well but was quite winded at the end with my legs starting to tell me that they were getting enough of a workout. I had a one song break to run downstairs to change and catch my breath before I ran back up for my last dance of the set. I had barely caught my breath when I started my last song.

Tried to take it easy and do fewer demanding pole tricks but I still just barely managed to make it through without looking like I was feeling! I finished up my dance and got off stage a few seconds before the song was done and managed to make my way downstairs to recuperate. Needless to say, it took a few minutes!

I discovered that the club acquired a new DJ during my absence who was working that shift. So far not great from a dancer's point of view but it was the first time I worked with him and apparently he is new to the club and type of work. He played some interesting choices during breaks songs (when no dancer is on stage) and that was a nice change from the same old songs we hear so often. I hope that he learns be more flexible with the stage rotation like other DJs, it benefits both the DJ and dancers. Stage rotation favors = tips so both sides are happy.

Otherwise the day was pretty quiet... I thought it to be one of those days but after speaking to different staff members, I learned that it's been this way pretty much since I worked there last. This news is depressing to hear because I love working at Cleo's. It's not the nicest club by any means but it's homey and the staff personable. The fact that it was also the busiest club in town during dayshift made it a great place to work. If that's changed though, I have to look into other options.

I'm thinking of giving nightshift a try, most likely at a different club. I'm curious about the new Kingdom Gentlemen club that opened very close to Cleo's but I've heard mixed reviews and mostly that the club isn't busy. I'll probably check it out one day but will wait a while to see if it starts picking up first. My first pick so far to try a new club with nightshift is L'Axe. I'm open to other suggestions though so don't be shy to let me know yours!

In the meantime, I'll be working dayshift tomorrow at Cleo's. Ciao!

Madison

P.S. I'm still behind on my email, I haven't forgotten or ignored anyone and will be getting back to you shortly!

4 Comments:

Blogger Outerworlds said...

Hi Madison,

It is good to see that you took up blogging. The new DJ is Bruno. I loved his choice of music, but he does not know the names of the dancers and that was very confusing for both the dancers and the clients. Some girls did not get on the stage until the half of the song because they were not to be expected to be called by Bruno. I was at Cleo's last Wed. and the DJ was Jason. So, maybe Bruno was just replacing Jason for a few days. By the way, I think that you should register to merb.ca and get known to other clients. Your writing style is great and you will very probably be the star of the board.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Madison, wish you would've picked the week I was in town though. Maybe next time I'll get the opportunity to make your acquaintance.

Take care,

SK

10:44 PM  
Blogger Al B Here said...

Hi there. Maybe one of these days I'll stop in. I've been in once back before the Just For Laughs festival. It would be awesome to see you in action.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Madison Lace said...

Spiderman: Always nice to hear from you :) You were right that Bruno was filling in for Jason, they should be settling into their regular schedules soon.

Although Jason's music selection isn't always the best, he certainly is great to work with as a dancer. He always checks in with me to see if I'm available for a stage set or not. Something that I appreciate immensely and always reward with a tip.

I've been thinking of registering at merb for a little while but admit that it's a bit scary. I don't want to be accused of trying to advertize myself or get chewed up in that predominantly male community. Some of the things I've read there has been a real eye opener! lol

SK: So sorry I wasn't working when you came to Montreal recently. Next time for sure! ;)

Al B: I hope we manage to cross paths sometime soon :)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home