Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Monday, April 10, 2006

This and that

I'm still not completely done with the new blog's look and features, but I am quite pleased with the changes so far and happy to get feedback. More fine tuning will be done over the next few days to get it just right ;)

Some may have noticed the return of the "my schedule" section letting you know which days I will be working next. Back by popular demand and since I will be dancing regularly again, the dates indicated are always daytime shifts at Cafe Cleopatra from 12:30pm to 7pm.

Although I currently have only danced at Cafe Cleopatra, I have been thinking of trying out a new club or two to work at. I love working at Cleos and am sure that I will continue to work there a good while but I figured why not look elsewhere too? I can work at two different clubs in the same week. I'm curious to see the differences between working environments and clienteles, but really hoping to find a club that offers shorter shift lenghts.

I find it comical that such a flexible job as being a stripper can be quite limiting in certain respects, at least in Montreal it seems. The standard workshifts at clubs in town is 11am to 7pm for dayshift and 7pm to 3am for evening shifts with slight variations depending on club hours and/or rules. On top of that, you can't work both dayshifts and nightshifts in the same club for some strange reason.

Personally, I find 7-8 hour workshifts to be quite long and exhausting. Spending that many hours in very high heels dancing on stage and in private dances, I assure you that after 5-6 hours my legs and feet are spent and getting sore. Also, by that time I've met and interacted with many different people and start to get drained. It's hard to stay upbeat and smiling when you're tuckered out ;)

In many other major Canadian and American cities, I hear of variable shift lengths being much more available if not the norm. I just find it strange and frustrating that Montreal has such a different and tougher shift length standard. I'm embarking on a search to see if there is any club that is relatively close to the downtown area that offers different shift or schedule options. If you are aware of such a club, please do share this info with me, it would be much appreciated.

Now I know that there are plenty of dancers that obviously manage with this shift and schedule structure and do so on a full time basis. I'm not saying that it's not doable or that it's an intolerable working condition, I just that I think it makes it harder on those of us dancers that do this part time. Not all dancers have the physical and emotional stamina to do this job full time well.

Ok, I'm done with my little rant :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madison,

If you're looking for variable shifts try Amazones on St. Jacques. I knew a stripper there who worked 4-12 one night and 8-3 another night. You can also try Gentlemen's Choice - knew one girl who worked 1-6 pm.

Good luck,
Chefplus (MERB)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home