Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Why I started stripping

My apologies for not going in to work today as planned. I'm currently engaged in a fierce ongoing battle with insomnia and during the last couple nights of fighting, I'm sad to say that I was defeated and am trying to recuperate as best I can. Not to worry though, I plan to be ready for tonight's bout and finally get some decent rest!

In the meantime, I thought I'd write about why I started stripping. It's certainly the question I'm most often asked ;)

Before I started stripping this past fall, I had a very normal job working as a receptionnist. I had been doing office work for the past few years and each job was as boring as the other. I'm not saying it was horrible but it certainly wasn't very interesting. Combine that with low pay and very rare opportunities to move up, I was ready to do anything different. Unfortunately, without much education other than my secretarial degree, there weren't many options to find work in a different field that would be better.

So how in the world did I think of trying stripping? It's a combination of many things. First, a strip club is certainly not foreign to me, in fact I very much enjoy having an evening out with friends in one and have done so many times in the past. I always admired the dancers for being so pretty and sexy and loved watching them perform on stage. Admitedly, even from the start I always wished I'd be bold enough to try it. I'm a pretty open minded person and enjoy being a sensual being, why not try working in an avenue that would let me explore that side?

Two or three years back, I gave it a first shot. Danced for the first time at a small local club, one that I hadn't visited before but I was looking for something small to start and this one fit that description. The experience was mixted. Although I was quite nervous, I much enjoyed dancing on stage and managed to do so without any big goofs. The rest of the shift wasn't as great. Very quiet with very few customer and I was very shy about approaching anyone in the first place. Ended up leaving with just 30$... It wasn't bad but it certainly didn't have me very interested in giving it another shot.

I tried a second time soon after at a larger club that I had visited before as a customer. I did a bit better that time and made more money, about 100$ if I remember right, but I didn't like the atmosphere of the club at all. The staff were quite cold and I couldn't wait for the shift to be over. I didn't go back to that club either and figured that dancing probably wasn't for me after all.

So I went back to office work and forgot about dancing for a while. Last fall, I was at the end of my rope with my employer and quit my job to look for another. During the job search I was getting quite depressed at the idea of doing the same dreary office work as I had done many times over at different places and thought about dancing again.

I started reading up on it more through the internet and really got interested about giving it another try. After a week or so, I called up my club and asked about getting a job. I showed up for my interview and first shift and loved the experience. This time all was going great! I liked the club and atmosphere, enjoyed dancing and my first shift ended up being better than I could have ever anticipated.

And that was that! I knew that night when I got home that I would be doing this for a little while. It was far more enjoyable, paid quite well and a great way to stay in shape. On top of it, my club has a very very flexible schedule which I admit, I enjoy the benefits of :)

Madison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home