Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Updates and ramblings :)

I'm terribly sorry for having neglected my online journal for so long. I also haven't been dancing much in the past couple months but both these things will change shortly!

I've been pretty busy lately with other work projects but things are easing up and I'm looking forward to the end of long hours working at my computer. I will also have more time and motivation to update this journal regularly again as well as more time to dance.

I'm very happy that the weather has been warming up recently and that spring is just around the corner. I can't wait to put away my winter wear and not have to be layered up so much! I look forward to taking out my summer wardrobe and shopping for a few new additions ;) Then the joy of being able to wear them out on warm sunny days: short skirts, shorts, cute tops, summer dresses, strappy sandals... ahhh, the anticipation is killing me!

On another topic, my pole tricks are slowly but surely coming along. I now have added my first inverted trick to my stage sets and a couple other spin variations. I'm working on another inverted pole trick which is coming along nicely in my practices, however I'm concerned that I won't be able to do them at work securely. The pole I have at home to practice on is the industry standard 2" stainless steel. The ones at Cleopatra's are different being 1 1/2" and not the same finish.

Now for all my tricks, this has been an advantage as the poles at work being slightly thinner, I get a better grip with my small hands. After I've perfected a trick at home, it's a breeze doing it on the poles at work. However, with this new invert trick the difference may be a dissadvantage. The new trick requires me to climb the pole and grip it with my thighs and lock the position with my knees crossed behind it. I then let go of the pole with my hands and lean backwards, my weight supported by the thigh grip which is heavily depedent of naked skin against the pole to hold the position. The smaller poles at work I would think gives less pole surface to grip to, something I'll only find out when I try it out there. Also, some other dancers use lots of lotion and the poles end up being slippery.

I love working on my stage shows and pole tricks and unlike many other dancers I love doing stage sets. But as clients have their pet peeves about how dancers perform their stage sets, I have pet peeves of my own about the clients that chose to sit at the stage or very close to it for a better view.

I try my best to perform an entertaining set, although I'm not the most experienced or athletic I do always try to improve my weaker points. The most important things for me are:
- Chosing nice music and dance to it in a way that goes well with it
- Enjoy performing my dances and conveying that to the audience, smiling :)
- Making eyecontact and interacting with customers near the stage
- Adding variety to my sets with different music and dance moves or pole tricks

Now, my pet peeves:
- Customers that look completely dissinterested. Not just for my stage sets, but for every girl's! They sit there looking at you with a blank expression or one of boredom. If you're not enjoying the shows, why are you there? If you do enjoy the show, why not show it with a little smile and maybe score a little more attention directed at you during the remainder of the set?
- Customers with a group of friends that chose to sit at the stage and then spend the whole time talking to their buddies and ignoring every stage performance. If you're having fun with friends and not watching the stage shows so much, why are you all sitting at the stage instead of a table a few feet away leaving the space for customers that do enjoy watching stage shows up close?
- Customers that want a conversation. While I'm onstage, it's not the time to chit chat. I love getting compliments and don't mind answering a quick question or receiving an invitation for a private dance after my set. Other than that, conversation should be done when I'm not on stage.

Now a question for you readers: What do you like in a stage performance?
Please answer by using the comment option at the bottom of this post, all feedback appreciated!

Last but not least, I will be working tomorrow (Thursday 16th) day shift, noon till 7pm!

Madison

1 Comments:

Blogger Al B Here said...

For me, energy and enthusiasm are important. There are too many dancers nowadays who get away with just walking from one pole to the next and strutting around. Sure, they're traffic-stoppingly hot, but c'mon now! A little effort wouldn't hurt.

Mind you, the girl also has to know how to move. For instance, there's a girl at Club Super Sexe who is always very energetic, but she hasn't been able to come up with moves that are sexy (at least to me). She has some sort of dance background, but I don't think the skills she's picked up have been readily transferrable to dancing in a club.

Lastly, I appreciate moves of skill, strength or grace. I've seen some girls hang off of crossbars on the stage and slowly pull themselves up. There arms aren't shaking, they seem in total control of the movement. THAT's not easy! So that's my 2 cents.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home