Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm a stripper working at Cafe Cleopatra in Montreal, Canada. Blonde with blue eyes, just shy of 5' and 100 lbs, I love to write about my stripping adventures and experiences.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The "performer" in me

Working at the club this week has been easier on my body, I'm getting back to the physical shape I was accustomed to and enjoying it. It's nice to wake up the morning after without: strained/pulled muscles, achy joints, sore feet, etc.. Not that I complain much about those things when they do happen, I know full well that these pains are part of the 'job' ;) I don't think I will ever work a shift without my feet aching and earning a few bruises, hasn't happened yet and I certainly don't expect it to!

I've gotten used to these habitual work pains. The achy feet are pretty obvious because of the high heels, but I have the added luck of having tiny feet. This means that my feet accomodate the 4" incline of stripper heels much more sharply compared to dancers with average or large sized feet.

The bruising has decreased significantly over time but still remains a regular occurance, I've yet to come home after work without a couple fresh bruises on my knees. These always stem from the floor work segments of my stage sets. Pretty much any contact of my bare knees with the hard surface of the stage will do it, it really doesn't take much. I could use a blanket like some other dancers do but I find it to be more of a pain than the bruises! Besides, it never hurts when I do the things that causes them and thanks to arnica gel they fade away quickly in a day or two.

I'm sure I've mentionned how much I enjoy doing stage sets in earlier posts ;) I love it for many reasons. Good music + poles = me having a blast dancing and doing tricks! There's also a little part of me that's always wanted to be a performer, be in the limelight and entertain the audience with my talents. Although far removed from being a conventional performer, dancing on stage satisfies that itch in a strange way and adds to the fun. I figure since I'll never be a rock star or act in a play on broadway, I might as well make the most of the audience and stage time I do have!

I frequently receive compliments about my stage performances from both customers and staff. I'm quite surprised at the amount of positive feedback I get and appreciate it very much. I know that I invest quite a bit of effort in my stage sets and always do the best I can. I just never expected to have so much positive feedback! In the "stripper world" I'm still considered somewhat as 'new/inexperienced' since I have been dancing for less than a year and only on a part time basis. I've also received many positive comments and thumbs up for the stage music I choose.

So with my love of dancing on stage coupled with such awesome responses, I really put all I can into my performances regardless of how many patrons are in the club. A few customers have expressed concern that I'm pushing myself too hard when they see my bruises, some get worried that I could seriously injure myself with some of my fancier pole tricks. I think it's so sweet of them to care :) I try to reassure them that besides a couple bruises, I don't take big risks and my pole tricks have been very well rehearsed. They soon realise that I genuinely enjoy myself up there!

I know there is still much room for improvement and I'm always looking to better my stage sets. I'm working on some new tricks, improving my flexibility and adding some new moves. Besides it being fun, it's a fantastic workout!

I love this aspect of working as a stripper. In a strange twisted way, I get to satisfy the performer 'itch' in me by dancing on the stage of a strip club! Go figure!

3 Comments:

Blogger Al B Here said...

Hi Madison!

I dropped into the club on Friday between 4:30pm and 6pm, hoping to catch a glimps of you, but to no avail... I'd love to hear when you're working.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Madison Lace said...

I was indeed there and even did a stage set around 5 - 5:15pm! I was rather busy after that though and only ressurfaced for the "all dancers on stage" finale at 7pm.

Hopefully we'll cross paths another time soon ;)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Al B Here said...

I have no clue how I missed you... although I was having a rough time understanding the DJ when he was announcing the names. Oh well. Better luck next time, right?

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home